Saturday, September 19, 2009

Steamed Marble Cake

Finally decided to use my left over egg whites to steam this Marble cake. It tastes much like '鸡蛋糕' but its not really fluffy as you can see from the pic. Look compact right? Surprisingly the rascals like it. Maybe they are hungry haha.....

Steamed Marble Cake (Recipe from Cake in steam)
I used a 7' round mould

Ingredients
Set (A)
10gm cocoa powder
7gm water
2gm baking powder

Set (B)
190gm sugar (I reduce to 125gm. Can increase bit more)
230gm egg white
8gm ovelette ( I omit this)

Set (C)
285gm cake flour (I used 250gm plain flour + 35gm corn flour)
2gm salt

Set (D)
70gm fresh milk (I used a tsp of milk powder with 65gm water)
20gm olive oil ( I used corn oil)

Method
1) Mix (A) and set aside ( I sieve the BP with the flour in [C] )
2) Whisk (B) until 70% light and fluffy , then add ovelette and whisk for another 1min
3) Sieve (C) and add in (2) and mix well lightly
4) Mix (D) into some of (3). Once well mix pour into balance of (3) and mix well
5) Remove 50gm of (4) and mix well with (1)
6) Pour remaining (4) into a grease baking mould with base lined with baking paper and pour (5) onto the top. Stir lightly 2-3 times (Do not overmix the batter too evenly in order to have the marble effect)
7) Steam over a preheat steamer at high heat for 10mins then turn into low heat for another 35mins

1 comment:

ann low said...

This nice and easy :D